have you ever been diagnosed with depression? anxiety? bipolar?

how do you deal with day to day life? i ask because i was diagnosed 3 years ago with some depression and anxiety. at first i was in denial or disbelief, but then again i felt like i have dealt with it all my life and just didnt realize it. i tried many medicines and wasnt getting much relief. i feel like i am finally getting a grip on it, by getting the right medicines (zoloft and xanax at night) and staying strong in Gods word. i just wanted to know if there were any ones out there who feel like they suffer from any of these mood disorders and wanted to encourage you and let you know that there is hope and a light at the end of the tunnel. please share your story.

Babiluv80

Asked by Babiluv80 at 11:20 AM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Health

• I just recently started going to a therapist again. Every time I go I get diagnosed with depression. I refuse take meds though. I was forced to as a teenager (thank you mom) and they did nothing for me. So now that I am in charge of my treatment I refuse to take them. Plus after reading European studies on our antidepressants I view it as a waste of money.

I have good days and bad days. I am thankfully no longer suicidal. My biggest motivation in life is my kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• The anxiety and depression are symptoms of the bi-polar. There are plenty of disorders that have similar characteristics and important that folks get diagnosed correctly. There are CM groups for support for these disorders.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:32 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• yes. I've got a bi-polar anxiety and paranoia disorder. and major depression issues as well.

I've found that medication helped me, and a diet/lifestyle change was also a big step in recovery.

last christmas had a major depressive suicidal episode, scared the hell out of me. emergency counsellors and assistance helped out. I still see the counsellors once a week just to keep level.

another big thing you NEED to do is let other people in. I was bad for keeping it all inside and putting on the happy face for everyone. once I opened up and let people in it was like a light bulb went off that they were willing to work with my oddness.

I'm no where near perfect, and still have many depressive episodes (especially the week before my period) along with some major anxiety and paranoia. I just have to acknowledge that its not "ME" going loony but my body adjusting to hormones and stuff.

Anonymous