ok so my husbands a slob.....so im on indefinite strike!

lol my hubby has to clean every day at work so by the time he gets home its the last thing on his mind. and no matter how long i spent the day cleaning, in the time it takes me to cook dinner (while he is supposed to be watching the kids) the house is back to looking exactly the same as before!! he comes in, takes his uniform off and literally tosses it on the floor next to the couch, tracks the dirt back through the house (hardwood floor) and doesnt try to vaccuum it back up, doesnt ever hang up a coat! he also lets the baby tear up whatever he wants as long as it isnt his lol. so am i just being mean, or lazy when i dont clean up everyday because its a waste of time lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• If he is a good dad and plays with the kids, than it is okay to clean after him.

But is he sits on his ass and does nothing and I would have a meeting and tell him how I feel.
    meet him at the door and show him how to hang his coat and do not let him in if his shoes are dirty, tell him to take them off and leave them outside or inside on top of news papers.
    Husbands are like kids you need to show them what you want him to do.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:37 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I think our hubby's are related. lol. My hubby's job is sanitation, so he does dishes and cleans all day. You would think that he would learn a thing or two from that, but, nope. He leaves his dishes, clothes, and garbage EVERYWHERE!!! And it never fails, if I have already cleaned the house, which I try to do before he comes home each day when possible, and I say that I'm done, I'm not cleaning another thing, someone comes over. Then I feel like this lazy person who sat around all day, while my hubby went out and worked. sigh. We can't win!! Don't feel mean or lazy, it's not worth it. Clean up what you can, when you can, and give yourself a day every once in awhile, to just let things go. I just started doing that, and my kids and hubby look at me like I'm crazy, but I don't care. I just say, I'm not doing a thing today, and I don't, or at least not much. They will get used to it!! lol
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 11:37 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• lol i admit he has some work to do i have already had a powwow with him and just asked if he could u know take his shoes off at the door where the shoe rack is! or put his clothes in the hamper thats in the bathroom before he showers! but he is one of those compulsive "i'll get it in a minute" kind of guys and of course it never gets done. and for the dad part, he could do a little more, his idea of watching the kids for a hour while i cook is watching a movie and calling for the from the couch as the run around my legs!!!! he plays with them here and there throughout the night but never just a time where i can think by myself for a few
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 11:43 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• welcome to the club...lol..my hubby told me i was over reacting when i asked him to do some things, like pick his clothes up or anything like that...so as soon as our house is clean (hopefully today if my dd is good for me lol) i'm setting out to prove a point again,..since he doesnt seem to think that it's a big deal to add to an already messy house...nothing like discouragement for the next day lol..don't feel mean or lazy for it..i think for the most part our hubby's dont look at what we do as a job, but more as we sit around all day doing what we want to do, like watching tv or something like that..lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• My DH isn't a slob really, but I do have to pick up after him. I honestly don't mind. He works outside of the home, my job is a SAHM. If he just sat around when he got home I would probably feel differently, but he is playing with the kids, snowblowing the driveway, etc.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:04 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• You need to talk to him about it. What he is doing is irresponsible and shows how little respect he has for you as a wife. My husband did some of that for a very brief time I told him I won't put up with it and be treated like the maid. He can be a growup and pick up after himself or I was out of there. He had no clue his self centerdness bothered me so badly and he did make changes. Takes all of 2 minutes to put your clothes in the right spot and hang a coat up. Takes a second to wipe shoes off or remove them at the door. Your husband is a jerk and will continue until you call him on it and allow him to do it.

My sister got fed up with her husband and stopped doing his laundry and told him he was sleeping in the guest house until he could pick up after himself and not destroy the house. He was there for two weeks ran out of clothes hated the way the guest house smelled and realized what a pig he was. He helps now
    Anonymous

• So talking to him didn't work?

Answer by louise2 at 12:24 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Your husband is a bad roommate; it is probably his mother's fault
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Jan. 6, 2010