My baby doesn't move a lot...

The midwife says everything is just fine, that the heartbeat is strong and her ultrasound was perfect last week, but I almost never feel this baby move. I'm five/almost six months pregnant and with my first one I felt like she was some sort of crazy acrobat or something by now. The midwife said it's probably because the placenta is up front?? Has anyone else had/have a quiet baby they don't feel move much?

brighteyesbryar

Asked by brighteyesbryar at 11:34 AM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Are you normally a pretty busy person? The normal moving around and stuff that you do like working, cleaning, excersising and stuff like that somewhat lulls your baby while in the womb. There are many different reasons why your baby may not move as much as your previous pregnancy(s). But if you've had ultrasounds and the doctor's has checked the heartbeat then everything is probably fine. I do understand your concerns though... I'm pregnant with my 4th baby and had extremely energetic babies in the womb with my previous pregnancies. This baby doesn't move half as much as they did, but I've had many ultrasounds and check the heartbeat regularly to reassure me that everything is okay. :-)
    CassieBaby2010

Answer by CassieBaby2010 at 2:26 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• She is right if it is up front you don't feel as much. So don't worry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I'm pregnant with my second and she didn't move a whole, whole lot around 5-6 months. At night if I'd drink some cold milk or OJ and lay on the couch then I could feel her and see my stomach twitch. I'm 35 weeks right now and she moves all day and sticks her butt and feet out all the time lol She's not as rowdy as my first DD was. You should start feeling yours more and more the further you get and the bigger she gets. And like they said, maybe the placenta is up front and you dont feel as much movement with her being in the back.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 11:55 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Mine doesn't move much either, although I have been feeling a lot at night recently, like the baby has to readjust itself when I lay down. I'm 38 weeks. My first was really active, I felt like he was doing gymnastics or karate in there for months, but my second one didn't move nearly as much and now my third moves even less. I don't know if it's because I'm more stretched out and don't feel it as much or if the baby is really lazier. I think it's at least some that the baby is lazier though because my son was very alert and seemed strong and had great head control from the beginning, where as my daughter seemed very floppy for months and she was a much better sleeper. It also makes me wonder if this baby is another girl, I can't wait to find out.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 1:00 PM on Jan. 5, 2010