what can i do to entertain my 3 1/2 month old?

I'm home with my 3 1/2 month old allllll day and I'm not really sure how to entertain her lol

What kinds of things do babies around that age like to do? Like little games and stuff?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Talk to her, sing to her, read to her. Play peek-a-boo. Patty cake. She may not respond much to these things, but it helps develop her brain. Also lots of tummy time will help build her muscles and to help her learn to crawl. You can practice setting her up so she can learn how to set up soon. :) Just enjoy her being little, cuz they grow up SO fast. My son just turned 1 on saturday and I miss when he was that young.
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 12:45 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Peek a boo - you may not think she's really getting it, but it won't be too long before she will start pulling something up in front of her face to play it with you! Also, read to her - simple books with big pictures (Eric Carle was a favorite - especially Brown Bear, Brown Bear). You can lay down on your tummy in front of her while she's on her tummy and look at the pictures with her, pointing out stuff (see the bird? the dog says "woof, woof"). Walks are great too, outside if it's not too cold where you are or through the mall if it is. In the winter, my son used to love to sit by the window and watch outside. Our library has a baby "storytime" (called baby lapsit) that does cute little songs and fingerplays.

Answer by missanc at 12:51 PM on Jan. 5, 2010