how dirty is your house??? am i just lazy

i have never been a cleaner, as a kid and teen my mom worked and cleaned everything for me and i have been out on my own for 2 years, i have 2 babys and a hubby in my home. i vaccuum everyday/pickup toys n trash, wash dishes about every 2 to3 days (we use paper plates etc mostly) but to me it still looks cluttered and full of shit! we dont have a washer/dryer so the clothes are stacked up until they get washed all at once over the weekend, dont have any dressers/drawers so we use one of our 3 rooms for clean clothes and it is full! my bedroom holds the big toys the babys fight over lol. even when i clean everyday it looks the same by 6 that evening lol i dunno i feel like a slouch bc i would rather play with the kids and watch movies and be online than clean ALLLLL day long to make it stay that way!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I usually keep a clean home. I used to have a daycare in a standard size 2 bedroom apt and would get many compliments on how clean and organized it always was, even with watching kids all day.

I now live in a larger manufacturered home I rent, and it is awful to live in. Even though there is space, there is no way to organize. This place does not have a pantry, or a linen closet. The bathrooms only have the counter under the sink and the design on this place makes it impossible to begin and organizational routine.

We literally would have to spend a lot of money to be organized here and we just do not have that kind of money to spend on a rental. We would need closet organizers, bathroom shelf organizers (you know where you put them on top of your toilet etc..) a way to organize laundry and the kitchen.

No matter how much we clean or try to organize, it is a mess in 1 hour again. I just want to cry everyday.
    giftofgiving

Answer by giftofgiving at 7:23 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• If you want a house that is clean you can clean all day. I can clean and as soon as it is 9pm you can't even tell I picked up toys. I say as long as it is not like dirty clean you are not lazy at all. There is a difference between dirty clean and just lived in dirty.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I can clean all day and its still cluttered.

but CLEAN/ CLUTTERED and DIRTY/CLUTTERED are two different beasts altogether.

invest in a dresser or two - you can find them cheap. get a couple of bins for the toys to put in the main living area - out of sight out of mind for the kids.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:44 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• If you need a dress go to craigslist and see if you can find one for a good deal or go to freecycle.org and ask for a dress. Freecycle is a place where you can put things on there to get rid of or someone may have what you are looking for. I think it is a great place when you want to get rid of something and it is still in good shape. I have giving quite a few things away that way and got a few great things too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Goodwill should also have some cheap furniture or asks friends or family to remember you when they are getting rid of stuff..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 5:41 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I have two small children and they actually help me clean. They are en charge of picking up their own toys. That is something they always do no matter what. I don't pick up after them. They put their cups plates bowls and utensils in the dishwasher if I emptied it. And sometimes will stack plates on the counter tops and do other chores like vacuum with my hand vac .They make the messes most of the time and I am big on them learning that they have to clean up after themselves. My house isn't perfect but it looks pretty neat most of the time because everyone one in the family contributes. We do have a laundry room in the house so that helps too. And my DH has to take the trash out every single night and do chores too. He is not off the hook lol. Thankfully he helps me a lot.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 3:47 AM on Jan. 7, 2010