What would you do?

I am VERY good about being timely to work. I have good attendance. I even went to work when it got really bad with snow over the weekend. I work 20 minutes from home and there is ANOTHER severe winter storm warning in effect for tomorrow morning, which is the time I need to come in to work. My son still is getting over a bad cold with a nasty cough and it's calling for -10 below zero temperatures in the morning. I will naturally have to drop him off with a babysitter and everything. Would you call in for that reason?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No not unless he has a temp or can not go to the daycare. Just because it was -10 below. If we did that my hubby would not be at work for a month or longer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• You do what you have to. Before I had kids I was at work on time every day and rarely called in. Now it's totally different. If you feel you can't go in, don't. You have sick days. Good luck!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:43 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• ((OP))It's also calling for bad snow. It's not just the temp. If it were, I'd definately go to work..lol. I guess it scares me because one of my coworkers got into a horrible acciden the other day and had serious injuries.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• IF dear baby does not have a fever come that day plus babysitter daycare takes good care of babies with minor illnesses, I'd go to work. He could worsen and then you'd be out of work longer possiblly frustrating boss.

Give babysitters/daycare instructions that you will call for updates.

Hope baby and you too feel better!!!! Sorry for your worrisome weather too!!!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 11:45 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I'd go.

just call and say you may be a bit late because of the conditions. if we didn't go anywhere when it snowed like crazy we'd be in serious trouble. we just got 6 more inches overnight and its still coming down.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:49 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• i my kid didnt feel well i would stay home its better than spreading grems
    Anonymous

• I think it depends on what kind of job you have. If you are in a position where the work will wait until you come back then it may be worth staying home. However, if your job depends on you being there to get the work done then you should at least try. Let your boss know whats going on and that you will do your best to be there. That way her or she can plan for you maybe not being there and having someone else available. As a boss I always appreciate when I know whats going on. Theres nothing worse than "surprise" first thing in the morning.
    springmonth

Answer by springmonth at 5:35 PM on Jan. 6, 2010