what is the best book you have ever read?

i dont read a whole lot lately (like the last 4-5 years) so i cant remember the name (my default fav is always the bible) but i am thinking about trying to read more ...any good suggestions? tell me your fav and why please.

Babiluv80

Asked by Babiluv80 at 11:45 AM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have a soft spot for classics myself. The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde is my favorite book.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 11:46 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• The book I'm reading now is House of Thunder by Dean Koontz. It's very good so far.
    The last book I read was The Lovely Bones, by Alice Sebold. I recommend reading this book before the movie comes out.
    I read an older book from James Patterson, Hide and Seek, it was really good. You also might like the book "The Shack", or something a bit more lighthearted is "Twenties Girl"...
    I read a lot so I could go on and on..
    The books I like are usually love stories, mysteries, or the combination of the 2.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:51 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I love the book called The Love Child. It is an older book set in the 1800's I think. It is the best I have ever read. The romance of it all. Oh, it's just really good. But I can't remember the author and there are a few books by that title.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 11:52 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 11:56 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• The Great Gatsby by F Scott Fitzgerald, The Dark tower series by Stephen King, The Art of War Sun Tzu.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:17 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I love anything by Dean Koontz. Especially the book From the corner of his eyes.
    PhatAttack

Answer by PhatAttack at 12:25 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• the games we play
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 1:20 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• My favorite is Season of Passage by Christopher Pike. It had a profound effect on me when I first read it probably 20 years ago. It's a scifi thriller with a fantasy back story. I just love it.

Another favorite is Desperation by Stephen King.

My absolute favorite classic is Jane Eyre. It's a story about an unwanted strong-willed girl who turns into a strong-willed woman then falls in love. The Count of Monte Cristo is fabulous as well.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 1:51 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I read "The Stand" by Stephen Kind every year and I love the "Outlander" series by Diana Gabaldon.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:16 PM on Jan. 5, 2010