Saturday birthday party, what time would work for you with your busy Saturday schedules?

We're having a b-day party for our daughter turning 5, its just for 1.5 hours at a place...I know people run errands and have sports/activities for kids on Saturday's...if it were up to you and your normal Saturday schedule, what time would work best for you? late morning, noon, later in the afternoon?

gramsmom

Asked by gramsmom at 12:16 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I usually try to do parties in the early afternoon (1 or 2pm for the start). That way people have the morning for errands, sports, whatever. And, you also avoid a meal time and can just serve snacks and cake.
    stephsheen

Answer by stephsheen at 12:34 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• We don't do anything on weekends. I refuse to shop on weekends (unless it's an emergency) and my kids don't do weekend activities so we are free to do things at any time on weekends.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:07 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Sometimes we don't do stuff and i would need a month in advance to figure out my schedule, My husband and i go out to the mall, go do the groceries but my kids are not in events or sports. 1.5 hrs for a 5 year old bday party is not even long. Bday parties always started around 1pm when i was growing up and lasted till 6pm
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 2:00 PM on Jan. 5, 2010