Does your mother have any personality troubles with you?

sigh. At 55 years old, that's me, mommie dearest disinvited us to a gathering because my response to her mood was one word without calling her a fu@$ing bit@h and I didn't call her an idiot or a moron. I said her she was snotty how she addressed me in the conversation. To my oldfashioned mother that is a swear word. I know that is one of the mildest bad words in my vocabularly. I didn't have any trouble not swearing at her.

I'm not asking if you think I was right or wrong, probably some will say. I am wondering what ridiculous conversations has your mother turned into her own fight, between the two of you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Any mention I make of something from my childhood I didn't like or didn't agree with; she replies with "Oh yes you were terribly neglected" - no that's not what I'm saying but can you admit that perhaps this one situation could have been handled differently? No hindsight at all Mom? Just you were always 100% right? Oh ok gotcha' - *sigh* I hope things aren't this hard between me and my girls
    Anonymous

• My mother would treat me like sh*t for months at a time because of things I did that she wouldn't tell me. It was a power trip I believe. She never forgave me for growing up and leaving home. She wanted to be first in my life even before my husband and children. And she was a punisher when she felt you didn't love her enough. Every one of her children, myself included suffer from depression and anxiety due to our family dynamics. My parents are dead now, and we still are all suffering from the effects of her pain and lack of healing.
    Anonymous

• op here.thanks mommies I knew I wasn't out of line. She's lost another gathering. I emailed her back saying only she's not blocked and can write if she wants. Also said without use of a swearword she didn't act mature.

She has controlled my life an an adult woman and wife and mother that I am to my 3 kids. Within the past two years I have decided that there will be no more arguments that rise in emotions. She can say what she wants and the response is my feelings said quickly and smoothly, firmly in praise, agreement, or disagreement strong or mild. When we disagree to whatever depth of emotions in her she's reminded by me still firmly without screaming that she's wanted in my life without her dramatic overtures.

I have two daughters and a son who are all nearly grown and grown. I've praised them often even whn thy'v been punished often. I've told them and tell them their situation is wrong, bad not their lives.

Anonymous

• OMG too many to name!! I can definitely sympathize with you!
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 1:07 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Too many too.. My mom is crazy
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 1:58 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I had to stop speaking to my mother because she wants to belittle and control people around her she talks badly to people in. I can sympathize with you. But for me I just had to stop talking to her she is out of my life because I would rather be happy.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:01 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• My brother. I can't stand him and have finally learned that I don't HAVE to like him and I don't HAVE to pretend to be interested in his life. My Mother while understands why I feel the way I do, still gets mad at ME because my brother and I have no relationship. She will even admit that he is a self centered selfish hot tempered ass but yet she thinks that I should be the one to make an effort to have a relationship with him. Huh! Yeah right I am DONE with him!
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 2:14 PM on Jan. 5, 2010