Does Your Kitty do this?

We have twin male kittens that are on the cusp of adulthood. I noticed one of them dipping his paws in the water bowl and then cleaning his face. I was surprisded since I have never seen a cat do this before. I thought it was a fluke but then I saw the same guy doing it again this morning. Is this a common thing for a cat?

momthruivf

Asked by momthruivf at 12:28 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Pets

• I've never seen that, but it sounds really cute. My cat will only drink out of the sink with the water running on her head, it's really obnoxious, I think she has the water run on her head because she is too dumb to figure out how to lick the running water, so she has to lick the bottom of the sink as the water runs off her head. I even bought her an expensive bowl that kept water constantly running and she wouldn't use it. Just thought I'd share because it's another weird thing a cat does with water.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 12:53 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• It sounds like your kitty is a real individual:)
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 1:01 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Well... my cat dips his paw in the toilet sometimes. LOL! I would rather he dip his paw in the water bowl!
    Anonymous

• My cat goes and rolles around in the bathtub after it has drained(but still wet) and then cleans herself. She also loves to drink out of teh fauset when its running.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 4:09 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Mine loves it when I let the sink run in a little stream for her. She will get into the sink and take a little bath. Kitties are cool.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:36 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• YES I HAVE SEEN MY CAT DO THAT WITH HER WATER BOWL , AND WHY SHE DOES IT ; I DON'T KNOW . IT'S CUTE TO WATCH ! ALSO , OUR CAT GET A HOLD OF THE TOILET PAPER ROLE DURING THE NIGHT ! SHE HAS TP ALL OVER THE HOUSE IN THE MORNING , AND ROLES HERSELF IN IT !!!! WE NOW KEEP THE DOOR SHUT ! CATS ARE A REAL TRIP ! AND GREAT FRIENDS .

ROSE31760

Answer by ROSE31760 at 9:12 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I had a cat once that dipped her paw in the water bowl and then licked the water fromm her paw. It took FOREVER for her to get a drink.
    sonnalynn

Answer by sonnalynn at 11:37 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Mine does it but not to clean himself that is how he drinks. He refuses to put his face down to the water bowl.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 6:07 PM on Jan. 7, 2010