triple A worth it?

AAA worth it?how much is it a year?what is it good at?......give me your opinion

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Money & Work

• One flat tire or tow and you'll be happy you have it - not to mention all the other discounts being a member entitles you too at other places. I think it's worth it. Check their website for details.
    Anonymous

• We pay 110.00/year and it's soooo worth it! I have used them twice. The last time I blew a tire, on a really busy interstate on our Range Rover and the only person to stop was a drunk guy.. The AAA guy was so nice , and got there in just a few minutes. I do know how to change a tire, but I won't do something like that with my youngest in the car on the side of the interstate, so having AAA was such a blessing..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:44 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• We had the basic which cost about $75 per year. My husband had a flat tire (spare was flat too) in between towns. AAA would only tow up to 3 miles, and it was over 20 to the nearest town. He was also going to have to wait for AA to get someone and it could have been hours. We cancelled after that.

If you lock your keys in your car frequently or break down really close to a mechanic that AAA uses then you're in good shape with the basic, but if you travel (or live in a rural area like we do) the basic is not worth it. I'm sure the more expensive memberships have better benefits, but you'll want to look at the benefits they actually offer before you buy.

As for the "discounts" at hotels, we found that we could often get a lower rate than the AAA rate.
    Anonymous