Whats the deal with Michael Steele?

He says the GOP will not win the house in 2010, do you agree?

He is already getting in trouble (again) from his party for this statement.

What are your thoughts, will they win? Why would he come out and say that?

DOes it hurt the party to have them fighting in public?

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 12:41 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't pay much attention to Michael Steele and I didn't know the party was having a public fight and I just got finished reading the news. Do you have a link?
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:31 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Here's the thing, many Republicans are starting grass roots movements in their areas to try and sway votes their way come the next election. This is the same way Obama won, and it worked. I don't see any Dems doing this at all. It's definitely not because the GOP is the most vocal party right now, but because they're changing their methods and trying to reach the little people that I think they will likely win the house in 2010. Personally, I'll be voting 3rd party more than likely.
    mommy_lisa25

Answer by mommy_lisa25 at 1:39 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Who cares lol. Let them fight.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 2:04 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• the GOP chairman directly or indirectly criticizes:

--President George H.W. Bush for raising taxes two years after President Ronald Reagan left office, though Steele ignores the fact that Reagan raised taxes too.

--President George W. Bush for not vetoing any spending bills during his first five years in office. He calls Bush and other Republicans "enablers for big government" and derides the Bush administration's Troubled Asset Relief Program as "a massive government slush fund."

--Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., , for backing censorship of political speech through the McCain-Feingold campaign finance law. Steele says the GOP erred in allowing itself to be associated with "a national political speech code."

--Republican lawmakers in general, who allowed spending to rise from 2001 to 2004, went along with TARP and McCain-Feingold, and supported the Medicare Part D prescription drug benefit.
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:31 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:32 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I dont understand why this guy is there. I truly believe it was a race play by the GOP and stupid.
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 2:37 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

I thought so too, but on here many were saying no he's awesome this and that in the beginning...but seriously, he has proven himself to be quite a nuisance. I think he is hilarious, my hubby and I are lobbying for him to get his own show...you never know WHAT'S gonna come out of his mouth! lol

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:48 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 5:13 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Any more sources needed??
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 5:14 PM on Jan. 5, 2010