Stay at home moms..

I have six children and three are in school.I have two three year olds and a two year old at home.My house always looks like a tornado went through it and that is putting it mildly.How do you get up and motivate yourself to get your housework done.PLEASE TELL ME!!!

MommyLove23

Asked by MommyLove23 at 12:44 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• I crank up the music and dance around the house as i clean....It makes it more fun....and if the kids are awake then they will have fun dancing with you as you pick up lol.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:46 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I dont...lol It is pointless. You clean one room and they mess up another. I babysit in my home and I get up at 5 to pick up the house before they get here plus i have a 2 yr old.
    afisk

Answer by afisk at 12:46 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Get the kiddies involved! Make it a game, give them each something they can handle and tell them they all get a treat when they're finished. It's good for them to learn to help you, let them take all the laundry into the laundry room, give a dust rag to one of them, have them pick up toys, help you empty the dishwasher, ours use a step stool that's safe, and only do plastics. It will help you so much and the Little ones will have fun!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:48 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I just do it. I hate messes so I guess that helps LOL.
    We are planning on a large family. At least 4 more children.
    I know that even now Ill clean up as I go that way it doesnt get bad.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:48 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I don't usually, especially when my kids were toddlers. It was absolutely pointless. Every once in awhile I get fed up at the mess and do a huge clean up but usually I just pick up a few things here and there, try to make sure the dishes get done once a day and do laundry when we run out of clean underwear, lol. Otherwise I don't put much effort into cleaning. It just gets trashed 15 minutes after I'm done.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:03 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• mine help me!

house rules- your feet hit the floor your bed is made. this goes for my 2 1/2 year old too! they're big enough to do it.
    it is your room, you will clean it. your room is also where you play with your toys, if i find them in the rest of the house and have to pick them up they go away.
    when you are done eating you put your dish in the dishwasher and clean your spot at the table.
    when you take clothes off you put them where they belong, and when I wash and fold them you put them away.
    you will not track dirt into the house, shoes stay at the door- you will also pick up any foreign objects you find on the floor when you see them, and throw them away.

they also help sort the laundry, spot clean the messes off of the hard floors, sweep, wash windows (they love that!)... they help PREVENT messes, because they know if they make them I will make them clean up!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:04 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I have 6 children ages 5, 4, 3, 2, 2 and 3 months. I have a schedule I keep and stick to it. The kids do well with a schedule and they "help" me. My 3 month old sleeps most of the time and even my two year olds are big enough to pick up their own toys and help wipe a counter. We have fun and listen to music. My house surprisingly stays really clean. If you starts the kids out young with picking up after themselves it makes such a difference.
    Anonymous

• we have a finished basement for toys. if i were smart i would have them pick up toys every night, but we really usually do it 3 x a week. We also pay someone $40 to come and clean every other week. it is the only time the whole house is clean at once. My biggest problems are not the kid toys, but my hubby and i dumping everything on the island in the kitchen, and i usually don't get clean clothes put away in a timely manner. We have a bissel steam mop which makes cleaning the kitchen and dining room floor pretty easy. I clean the bathroom when the kids are in the tub. My sister has her kids fold and put away their own clothes, i had them over for the weekend and it drove me crazy letting my niece fold clothes...she didn't do a great job, but she loved helping! I like the idea of cleaning one room a day, and making the bed as soon as you get out.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:29 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• You make it fun for your kids to help. I have 3 boys, ages 7, 4 and 2. All three of them know that beds have to be made in the morning and their toys have to be put away before bedtime. The 4 yr old helps wash dishes and empty the dishwasher. The 7 yr old is responsible for vacuuming. The 2 yr old picks up any dirty clothes that may be laying around and puts them in the hampers. They also have to clear their dishes from the table after every meal. While we clean we either have music on or just talk about whatever they want.
    ljmcmichael

Answer by ljmcmichael at 4:33 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• LOL!!! I have 3, all in school and my house still looks like a tornado went through! As soon as they come home coats go on the floor, backpacks are emptied all over the place. They have hooks in their rooms for their coats. And no amount of 'pick up those papers!!' gets them to pick them up. I used to clean all the time. I'd wash the floors 3-4 times a week. Not anymore. I'm overwhelmed with 3. I can't imagine having more!!
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 7:23 PM on Jan. 5, 2010