Your opinion on baby name...

After much debate, my husband and I compromised and both put our favorite girl names together...Emberlyn Samantha. However, I've had my mom and one other person say that it is too long of a name and the middle name shouldn't have so many syllables. Would you pick a different middle name? Or just go with what the two of you like?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• unless you are planning to call her both names all the time, then i think it's fine. if you are going to be having her write emberlyn samantha on her school papers, then i think it's too much ;) but if you plan to just have her go by emberlyn, then i don't see a problem :)

i like emberlyn btw. :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 12:47 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• haha... My oldest is Christian James **th ...but
    You want to hear syllables...lol...
    My youngest son is

Giovanni Alberto ****ella

I'm preggers and the next one will either be

boy - Alessandro Pasquale ****ella
    girl - Alessandra Diamanti ***ella
    jjessers

Answer by jjessers at 1:05 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I would definitly pick a shorter middle name or first name. Remember they have to live with it.

My daughter complained all the time, now she is use to it. She said why, why, why Kassandra Patricia.

Make it a name she will love and enjoy for the rest of her life.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:17 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I'm not crazy about Emberlyn, Samantha is nice. I don't think it matters how long they are. Who uses a middle name anyway. I would swap them and go with Samantha Emberlyn personally. But you are probably in love with the name Emberlyn. And 20 years from now it might be the latest rock star name. (Hannah used to be consider the name of a great aunt, and now well you know.)
    Anonymous

• I think it sounds fine.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:46 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• like em both. im going to name mine Sawyer Fredrick & my girl Farrah Roxanne names dont matter how long they are
    Anonymous

• I think it's a neat name, and it just fine, if you both like it, that's what matters. It's not like she has to write out the whole thing or say the whole name all the time. Just remember, YOU'LL be the one yelling it out...... "Emberlyn Samantha, quit throwing toys" or " Emberlyn Samantha, you get in here right this instant!!" So do as hubby and I do, yell the name out like you're scolding your kids, haha if it works for you doing that, then you're good to go!
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 10:39 PM on Jan. 5, 2010