giving 1 yr old time out?

i'm not going to ask if thats too young of an age bc to me, its not about the age, its more about their development. My Son is really advanced and understands alot. And he knows when he is doing wrong and will purposely test it to see my reaction so I think its time to start time outs.

But he will not just sit in a corner or part of a room. I dont really want to put him in his crib for time outs b/c I want his crib to be associated with something good. Nap time and bedtime. Where do you put your toddlers to make them stay in one spot?

Super09Mom

Asked by Super09Mom at 12:51 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When mine were 1 and 2, we had a special little time out chair that sat facing a wall. Not a corner, a wall. We did 1minute per year of age and afterward, we reminded them why they were in time out, followed by a hug. When they did not want to sit, we didn't fight it. We just told them their time would not start until they sat down, and they could not do anything they liked to do until they did their time out. It worked 98% of the time. The other times, it was an all out battle that just ended up with them in their room for 30 minutes.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 12:58 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I bought a chair that is my son's time out chair, I started them at 16 months.. He didn't want to stay but it only took a couple times of me putting him back =- nanny 911 style. no talking after the first explanation of why he's there.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:05 PM on Jan. 5, 2010