What verison of the bible is the correct version?

There are many versions of the bibile. LIke, NTW and KJV. What others are out there and which one is the right one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• depends on who you ask I suppose...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:57 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• What are your requirements to determine which one is "right"?
    Anonymous

• Which one has more truth of what GOD said.
    Anonymous

• None. It's a fantastic, wonderful piece of fiction. Well written, but still, fiction.
    Anonymous

this BUT
    I think if it REALLY was well written the there wouldn't be so many different interpretations of it!?
    Anonymous

• If any of them were to be "right" it would have to be the original written over 2000 years ago. I never understood "versions" of a book that was supposed to be divine truth. But it's hopefully the same book that was translated years and years ago so find the one that's easiest for you to understand. It's all supposed to be the word of God so there shouldn't be alot of changes from version to version right?? I hear KJV is best. But as it's already been stated define "right".
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:20 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• LOL Calling the bible fiction. I know, sometimes Im like...parting the Red Sea? Yeah right. Walk on water? That new reality show on National Geographic...."I Survived: Eaten by a whale!" or "I Survived: Thrown into a pit of lions!" LOL But then I remember that Jesus was/is real.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 1:39 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Probably the first languages.
    Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't worry so much which is the right one. There are only minor differences and all have been translated from the original Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic languages.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 2:03 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• As a Catholic I think the Catholic versions are more correct since they contain parts of the OT that Protestants removed centuries later after the Reformation.

We may not have any original manuscirpts but we do have literally thousands of biblical manuscripts written in Hebrew, Greek, Latin, Coptic, Syriac and other languages.. The process of textual criticim allows us to examine these manuscripts and come up with a text that we can be reasonably assured is an accuracte representation of the original text.

However, it's important to realize that the more dynamic the bible translation is, the greater the risk of the translation reflecting the translators’ doctrinal views into the text.

eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 3:00 PM on Jan. 5, 2010