How do I...

make it clear to this guy that he is just my friend and nothing more than hanging out will happen? I told him in the beginning that I only do things with boyfriends (we are both single)... I have joked with him about other stuff but only because I feel it's okay to flirt and that we are just kidding around with eachother. He asked me yesterday if we could hang out before he leaves back to school... I told him yeah. Last night we were texting and he brought up us doing it this weekend, which I am not sure if he was just flirting or he seriously thinks it's gonna happen... I responded with "huh, I don't think I am on the same page as you"... he changed the subject. Do I seriously have to make it clear again... guys are so complicated!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• You admit you flirt with him, and I think he is probably joking with you.. Thiinking that if you agree, then great, if not, oh well. just a joke.. you guys openly flirt back and forth.. its your fault as much as his that he is taking the joke that far
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 12:58 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Guys are so NOT complicated! You are flirting with him, sending him mixed messages and then pulling the plug when he brings the topic up again? That's not even nice. If you only want to be a FRIEND, then stop acting like there is a shot for him to have more than that with you. Put yourself in his shoes for a minute. How would you feel if someone was toying with your emotions that way? Play fair or don't play at all. If there's no shot for sex from you with him then stop flirting with him and acting like 'if he just plays his cards right..." Like Winnie the Pooh used to say "Think, think, think."

SimplyLaine

Answer by SimplyLaine at 1:20 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• We discussed flirting before... he brought it up about us teasing but not doing anything.
    Anonymous