Do you have a dog with an unusual bark?

Wondering if we were the only ones! Lol! Though I sincerely doubt it.
We have Welsh Corgis and one of the females has a bark that sounds like a Churp! Churp! The pitch is so high. She acts like a smaller dog too. I told my kids that she is my tea cup poodle. Lol

momthruivf

Asked by momthruivf at 12:57 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Pets

• Our Husky Howls, she doesn't bark.. When she wants to go out she will come up to you and Howl.. It's really cute. Otherwise she's really a quiet dog, we only know she's moving around the house because we can hear her tags jingling.. One of our Shepherds tries to Howl when he hears the Husky, he sounds so funny..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:03 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• That's funny, I have a male corgi and he sounds like a big, huge dog when he barks. Deep voice, not a bit yappy or chirpy or squeaky. He only barks when somebody he doesn't know comes on our property, or when the pizza guy delivers. I don't know what he thinks, but I can't convince him the pizza guy is BRINGING us food, not taking something away! Oh, and when I turn on the vacuum cleaner.

pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 11:06 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I have a collie which is known to be a dog that often barks. Her bark isn't abnormal. But she rarely does bark, so that is abnormal for her. It also makes her the perfect dog for me since we live in an apartment. :)
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 4:33 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• My dog Mandy, when she barks, it sounds like she is saying "Gruff, Gruff". It's weird. Ace on the other hand, when he barks, he is so loud, that he scares the hell out of me everytime. He demands attention with his bark lol. Other than that, the only weird thing he does, is when a fire truck goes by, he stops what he is doing, and howls until it goes by. Only fire trucks though, nothing else. Strange how he can tell the difference.
    Punky_1981

Answer by Punky_1981 at 11:16 PM on Jan. 14, 2010