Does anyone own their own food business?

I was wondering what you do to get started? I really want to rent a kitchen with my friend and cook home cooked food.....I'm just not really clear as to the steps I have to take to venture on something like that....any ideas? (I've been to several different websites...but I really just want to know from someone who's done it and can give me advice)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Money & Work

• dh and I ran a catering business.

the laws are all different depending on location. you'd have to contact the health dept, the licensing, and all that if you're planning on making a business work. its too iffy these days to not have a license and contract and all that. we ran out of a community centre kitchen - we were the 'on site' caterers, and also did outside work. as long as your kitchen is approved and you carry the appropriate insurance etc. it works well.

when the kids are in school full time I'm planning on starting up again for the lunchtime catering events.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 1:46 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• thank you for the advice!!!
    Anonymous