anyone gone through something like this?

i have a 31 day cycle. my lmp was nov. 28th. i was due for this one on dec. 29th...so im a week late today. i had sex on the 9th and 10th which is fiour or five days before i was supposed to ovulate so it doesnt seem likely i got preg from those encounters but idk. ive been stressed but things have calmed down in the past two weeks...so i assumed it would show. could the stress have made me this late even though im not stressed now? or is there still a good chance i could be pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• There are so many different causes for late/missed periods, but I would definatly take a test. Good Luck.
    AngelOnBoard

Answer by AngelOnBoard at 1:12 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Well, I'm sure that there will be some smart alec that just tells you to go take a test, so I will beat them to the punch in a nicer way lol. Stress can throw your ovulation off, so it could have delayed your period, or maybe you ovulated earlier than expected and did indeed become pregnant. When you have sex, no matter what the timing and especially if it's unprotected, there's always a chance of pregnancy. What's meant to be gets done one way or another lol. I've been a month late on my period and wasn't pregnant. I wasn't late, but I was really nauseated before I went to bed one night. The next morning I took a test just for peace of mind, and wham! I was 4 weeks pregnant! The only way to really know is to take a test. If it comes up negative and Aunt Flo doesn't visit within 3 days or so, take another one. Best of luck to you and I hope you receive the outcome you're hoping for!
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 1:18 PM on Jan. 5, 2010