Baby Cribs

Does anyone know of a good quality crib that looks nice, not terribly expensive, and good quality? I've checked some out that looked nice and not real expensive but in the reviews at least on the one people often said the finish came off easily. The Parker crib by Davinci is one that i like. Anyone have any advice or has anyone bought this particular crib? (this crib is the one that people complained of the finish coming off of)

annonymous359

Asked by annonymous359 at 1:12 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I honestly love the one we bought my son. we bought it at Burlington Coat Factory. It has survived a move and nothing is wrong with it. It is a 5 in one bed. As he gets older it changes.
    Good luck!

Danielle Shellhorn
    http://www.momsforahealthyhome.com
    www.danishel.blogspot.com
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 1:16 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I would be careful not to buy a crib that won't allow you to put rail protectors on it. I bought a convertable crib thinking how nice it will be to have one bed through the years. I thought we were saving money, but as my DD grew, she began chewing the crib rails and its ruined. The rails are too thick and I haven't been able to find rail protectors that fit. I would say, that no matter what kind of finsh you have on your crib, if you have a baby that likes to chew, its going to get destroyed unless you can put the protectors on the rails.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 1:24 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Would you mind telling me which one you bought, ddsunshine, or maybe they don't have it anymore. And did you put rail protectors on it?
    annonymous359

Answer by annonymous359 at 1:45 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• We bought the Leksvik crib from Ikea. It got good reviews on the Consumer Reports website and is a decent price at $159. We also have rail protectors on it.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 2:55 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• i got mine at burlintgon coat factory too. its a white one and its like a 3in 1crib. its white and the rails do not go down. it was about 239 i believe. i don;t have rail protectors but i haven;t tried. my daughter doesn;t chew too much of her crib. not in it that much though either. good luck
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 7:53 PM on Jan. 5, 2010