How can i get my 3 month old to sleep in a crib?

My 3 month old has almost outgrown the bassinet that she has always slept in but i can't get her to sleep in a crib. I've tried putting her in their asleep, awake, and by putting the blankets from her bassinet in their so that she's surrounded by things she knows. I have even tried using pillows and stuffed animals to make the crib seem smaller til she gets used to it. Any advice

clambert1984

Asked by clambert1984 at 1:14 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son had the same problem. Its just takes time for them to get use to it. You have to be consistent I would always put him in the crib while he was awake while did things around the house. Its something new and very different to them. Just takes time. i always put classical music on and had the mobile up so that he had something to focus on. Good luck!

Danielle Shellhorn
    http://www.momsforahealthyhome.com
    www.danishel.blogspot.com
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 1:36 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• idk my son is 3 months and sleeps pretty much anywhere i put him his bassinet crib swing carseat doesnt really matter to him at first it wasnt that easy he had to sleep on someone for awhile but i just kept putting him in his bassinet or bed after he fell asleep now he will sleep wherever i put him
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 1:44 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• She won't sleep anywhere but her bassinet and i have been putting her down for naps in the crib or a pack n' play since she was born.

clambert1984

Answer by clambert1984 at 7:37 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• A crib is VAST when you are that small. Try buying a snuggler for the baby to make her feel secure. Also invest in warmer crib sheets like flannel or organic...synthetics are icy cold. You might also consider putting the crib in your room...proximity to people and familiarity will help. I cosleep, so we have a four in one convertable crib attached to our bed side car style. http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_mHvTeKC5KUA/SxZuIohz_-I/AAAAAAAABoc/hzhGpy6AyNc/s400/Picture+002.jpg

amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:02 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• You might consider waiting a bit longer for separate rooms. Babies often have irregular breathing patterns and if they fall asleep too deeply this is one of the reasons (not the only) for cessation of breathing. the proximity of adults helps regulate the babies breathing and movements of others keeps them from entering deep sleep for an abnormally long time. There are between 2 and 3 thousand cases of SIDS in the US per year.

that is why if i were not cosleeping, I would NOT PERSONALLY move the baby to a separate room monitor or no monitor until they reached a more mature state. Most cases of sids occur BEFORE six months of age and inthat time frame the vast majority of cases occur between two and four months old.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:03 AM on Jan. 6, 2010