3 OBGYN Practice, Can I choose who I see or do I have to see them all?

I see a practice of 3 OBGYN's for my pregnancy. I have been in labor for more than a week with contractions that are now about 3-5 minutes apart. They are getting stronger and stronger. 2 of the drs make me feel like I am crazy but the other one actually thinks and cares but I can only see him every 3rd appt. Can I request to only see the one dr or do I have to see all of them?

JalynnMarie407

Asked by JalynnMarie407 at 1:20 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• There were 3 in my drs office but I only ever saw 1. I saw the other guy a couple times only when my dr was packed full.
    You can always call and ask them.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:22 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Of course you can request him. I don't know the office, so it is possible they wont let you see him, but you can request it..
    Anonymous

• I think it is very strange that you see 3 different doctors. Are you sure 2 of them are not nurse practicioners?
    afisk

Answer by afisk at 1:23 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I would tell them I want the one I like delivering my baby. I would tell that one that the others make you feel uncomfortable and that you would rather stick with him.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:23 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• There were 2 OBs in the office I went to. I had my main doctor but only met the other one in case she was on call when I delivered. Call them up and request that he may be your main OB.
    Anonymous

• I went to a practice that had FIVE OBs and I had to see them all for appointments so that I'd know whichever one was on duty the day I went into labor. They did rotations, there were 4 different offices and two diff. docs would be at each on everyday and one would be assigned to the hospital during the day and one during the night and they'd switch each day.

When I went into labor, a doctor I really didn't like was on duty but I only saw him once because of the timing...then one I liked came in and happened to be there for the birth.

So, i'm assuming the practice you go to is like that and there will be one doc on call at the hospital and you will not get to pick.
    nessani28

Answer by nessani28 at 2:55 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• That sounds alot like it... I just wish that when it comes to me having contractions at 32 weeks that I would be taken seriously by all the dr. not just one.
    JalynnMarie407

Answer by JalynnMarie407 at 6:54 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Afisk, it is not really all that strange. My docs office has 5 different doctors. It rotates who you see each week. Most docs offices have more then one doctor! Most should have at least two, otherwise how is the doc to be delivering a baby at the hospital AND seeing patients everyday!

OP, just call and ask to be seen by that specific doctor, the worst that can happen is they say he/she is on call at the hospital that day!
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 10:26 PM on Jan. 5, 2010