Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My bf of 3 yrs. has gotta go! I am having a hard time telling him. I cannot afford him, I have talked to him about his part and still he will do a mechanic job then nothing. He does not make enough to stay. He has no problem eating my food, etc. Is it ok to write him a dear john and hand it to him?


Asked by dmr73059 at 1:24 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Relationships

Level 12 (841 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (10)
  • When he puts his keys down. Take your house key off it. Then when he leaves the house. Put all his stuff out in front. Or leave a note/dear john letter on the front door.

    Answer by louise2 at 1:28 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

  • Actually, I would place it on the table, give him the weekend to get out tell him if he don't you will have the cops escort him, change the locks then move back in, take a weekend away, or pack his stuff if you don't trust him, and put it out with the letter, make sure the locks are changed so he can't get back in.

    He probably won't leave with a letter.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

  • Amen

    Answer by afisk at 1:28 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

  • First of all, you go girl!! Women these days put up with FAR too much! Know your worth and give him the boot. i agree with Louise2, that's what I would do.

    Good luck!!

    Answer by itsjaimiehere at 1:41 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

  • oooh juicy! set up a hidden camera and leave it on the table. watch the lazy fool cry!!! (sorry, im feeling a little sadistic today ;p)

    Answer by oldsoulmom at 1:48 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

  • Sure, it's okay to write him a dear john letter. Whatever works.

    Answer by Anna92464 at 1:49 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

  • OK first of all good for you for standing up for yourself! Second... a dear john letter? really? isnt that a little childesh? i also think that louise2 said was immature too. just talk to him. grow some you know whats and tell him to get out. Dont you think that since you have been together for 3 years you both deserve more that a dear john letter? give him a chance to do the right thing and move out. If then he still doesnt then i would get someone else involved like.... if you live and a apartment, the appt manager to tell him he has to go. Or if its that bad have the police deal with it.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

  • i agree with anon 1:51 completely!

    Answer by Amanda7891 at 1:52 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

  • You can go to the police department and tell them you want your boyfriend out... And it'd be nice if they could be present while he is packing his things...I've been through these types of situations with one guy and things can get really ugly QUICK. So just for safety and a "ref" there i'd have the police present...Most definitely change the locks. No need for a letter though. Just have the cops there when the guy comes home from work...

    Answer by DDTSMommy at 2:41 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

  • However you do it, now is your chance to get out! You are not married to him, and he's already doing this stuff.

    Answer by Iamgr8teful at 12:15 AM on Jan. 6, 2010