• In the Spotlight:

Sister hubby's a marine. She plans to...

She plans to move back in with my parents each time he deploys. She is having her first baby next month. He deploys sometime this year. They just got an apt. but she 100% plans to move back in with my parents each and every time he leaves. Is this NUTS??!! She's 27 yrs old for heaven's sake. Doesn't her hubby want to come back to an actual home of his own instead of a bedroom in my parents house? My mom is against it but my dad is ok with it. Thoughts??

1kid

Asked by 1kid at 1:32 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• wow.. I wouldnt do it, i would probably spend alot of time with my family while he was gone, but not live there!
    She seems like she has a huge fear of being alone! Kind of sad...
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 1:39 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• deployments are hard. Alot of people do what your sister is doing. To each their own...
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 1:35 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• No that isnt nuts. I did it alone when my son was younger and it is hard.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:37 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• i wouldnt do that, but i can understand why she would. she's probably just afraid of being lonely when he is away, and i cant blame her.
    oldsoulmom

Answer by oldsoulmom at 1:37 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I live in an army town and it is VERY common for spouses to go home when their husband/wife deploys.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 1:38 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Really? I had no clue. Seriously... I guess 6 months just doesn't seem like that long. I would prefer to keep up my home for my husband to return to.
    1kid

Answer by 1kid at 1:38 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• 6 months is a lot longer when they are so far away.
    It is rough.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:39 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• My hubby is in the army and he is deployi9ng. Im moving back home but its in a house of my own. Than again he will be gone for a year. Im moving back because its the first time,I probably wont next time. Moving is so hectic. Each to your own then.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 1:43 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I personaly wouldnt move back to my parents house if my DH deployed. But i can understand her wanting to because she doesnt want to be alone with a new baby. She is probably just scared and will get used to it and eventually move out and get their own place. BUT as a mother if one of my children was goign through that situation and wanted to move back hom ei would welcome them with open arms without any questions or concerns. You mom sounds like she needs a reality check, but thats just my opinion.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 1:44 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I would think it would be a harder transition on her baby to have to completely move houses/apartments each time dad comes home.

Answer by missanc at 1:45 PM on Jan. 5, 2010