i have 9 days till my due date an i still have not picked a pediatrition. is that bad or will there be one at the hospital and i can use him after if i like him? A little stressed an running out of time i am still working right now and my hours are the same as the dr. office :(

crickler

Asked by crickler at 2:04 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If you still haven't by the time you have the baby they will assign you one. You can choose to keep them or keep looking
    afisk

Answer by afisk at 2:05 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• My son never had one.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:05 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• After my son was born i just called the dr office and they had one already assigned to my son. If i didnt like the doctor they assigned to my son i could request a different doc. Dont stress about it. It all works out.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 2:12 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I didn't have one for my son either until I was in labor. They had a book at the hospital with names of pediatricians in my area that accept my insurance.
    Anonymous

• we interviewed 1 pediatrician before my son was born and liked her. then after like his 4th appt, we decided we did not like her any more and switched. it's really hard to tell just from meeting once i think so if i were you i would just go with whoever and if that doesn't work out, switch.

we decided we didn't like ours after
    1) she said i should keep my son at the breast for 40 minutes every time he nursed when he was around 4 months old. he did nurse for 40 minutes every time when he was new born but slowly got faster to where it was about 30 minutes every time at 4 months and
    2) she said i should be cleaning his tongue with a wet wash cloth after each time he nursed!

we liked her originally because she seemed really pro-BF, and she was pro-BF but also gave some bad advice on BF so that's not good.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 2:16 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• My regular ped. didn't work at the hospital I delivered at, and we don't go there anymore anyway.
    Anonymous

• we don't see peds. on a normal basis here whoever is on call at hospital is who you get to see. if there's a need we're referred by the family doc.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:17 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• There will be one on call but that doesn't mean you will like him/her. It's up to you if you want to use them after the hospital stay.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:33 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• The pediatrician we use doesn't go to the hospital where I gave birth so we used the hospital's ped while we were there. The ped that the hospital uses is the NICU doctor so we would not have been able to keep her as our regular ped. Your hospital may be similar so I wouldn't count on it.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 3:04 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Stephanie83 - 4 months and 40 minutes! My daughter is 4 months and her average time is 10 minutes. There's no way I could get her to eat for even close to 40 minutes. That doctor definitely lacks breastfeeding knowledge. Even as a newborn, she wouldn't eat for 40 minutes. 30 minutes tops and it was usually more like 20 minutes. And she's a little chunk, too, so there's no doubt she isn't getting enough to eat.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 3:10 PM on Jan. 5, 2010