I dont know what to do.

My son is 7 months old and my husband and i just got in a fight because my son wouldnt eat the green beans....he was gagging with every bite. So my husband put him into bed without giving him his bottle or changing him. I went in and changed him but my husband is pissed because he feels that if DS wont eat what is put in front of him then he wont eat at all. I dont know what to do! Im so mad at DH for this. And when it is time for DS to eat again he wants to feed him the green beans again and if he still wont eat them then he will go without eating again. Please help me on how to deal with DH!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You have to talk to your husband alone, not in front of the child. Agree to disagree.

I would meet him half way, you must try it, if you don't like it you don't have to eat it. I would wait a few days on the green beans. If you force your child, they will grow up hating it and that is what your husband must understand.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 2:12 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• your son is 7 months! Tell your hubby to shove it. I can't believe that. Please feed and change your son! He needs it! He dosent know why your not feeding him or changing him he's only 7 months. If that means having your hubby pissed have him pissed off. What matter is your baby!
    NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Answer by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 2:11 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• your husband needs therapy.... it's a 7 month old.
    Anonymous

• Amen sister! Kick his ass to the curb.
    afisk

Answer by afisk at 2:12 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• You need to stand up to your husband. He is an asshole.
    Anonymous

• OP here....
    I did change him and gave him his bottle about 20 min later when DH went back to work. I blew up on DH for not feeding him the rest of his food and not changing him because DS still has a diaper rash....I tried talking to DH about it but he just said that he dosnt want our son to be a picky eater like i am. I got pissed after that because then he insulted me and the way that i was raised. And because i am a picky eater i know that if i force him to eat it now he will never like or want to eat it. I want to try giving it to him again in a month or so but just not now. But DH is not going to let that happen. He is very controlling and micro-manages everything. I just dont know what to do....i have just about had enough. I usually a very lenient person and just go with the flow of things but i have had enouth and im at a loss on what to do.
    Anonymous

• OP again
    What i mean in the last post about this not being the first time. When DS was about 4 months old DH wanted to put DS to bed without eating because he wouldnt take his bottle from DH. That pissed DH off so he went to put him to bed. I ended up feeding him after a huge fight. And i dont want to have another huge fight about this again....
    Anonymous

• whoa...that guy needs a wakeup call to what parenting is.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:23 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• you shouldn't be afraid to feed your son in front of hm! So he was just gong to let the kid starve!? your hubby needs help seriously !
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 2:39 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I just don't even know what to say other than your DH was way out of line. At 7 months old "food" is more about experimenting than it is about nutrition. Their formula or breastmilk however is MANDATORY. You can't withhold food from one that age. They are not old enough to understand it at all, much less to understand it as a punishment. Which brings me to, you don't "punish" children that age anyway. Maybe it would help if your baby's doctor explained the nutritional needs of an infant to him? All I know is that his response was extreme and you should really stay alert to changing behaviors. A man that will get angry with one as young as 4 months old and make him do without food is somebody who has the potential to do MUCH more than that down the road. As bad as this sounds, you need to have a backup plan (escape plan) just in case it turns worse.
    Anonymous