Tough Love?

Does it really work? I really need to do this with my 16 ds but I am afraid that it will push him further away. If it does will he ever come back?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• can you give us a litte more info?
    Anonymous

• I had to do it with my son and yes it did work. Trust me when I say it will be harder on you - you'll worry about him to no end.
    A couple of examples of what I had to do with my son is - he woke me up at around 2 or 3 one morning coming into the house and was dragging a girl with him. I heard him and went to the door and told him he was not welcome in my house. I don't know where he spent the night that night. Another time I had him arrested for stealing money out of my ATM account. I had no idea he had watched me punch my pin number in when at the grocery store. At 18, he was arrested and I refused to bond him out of jail - he spent 9 months in jail - it was the best move I ever made.
    He's 23 now and finally got his act together 3 years ago - but from 14 to 20 it was hell.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 6:41 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Yes, it works. It's the only way I made it as a single mother of 3 teens!

Answer by admckenzie at 7:50 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• YES IT WORKS im 23 and my momma did it to me and thank god she did if she haddent id easly be dead or in prison he will come back mabey not right away but he will come back just make sure on top of beeing sturn and putting your foot down that he knows it is all out of love and worry for him! it really doesent matter if he belives you at that time or not he will he will always love oyu he has too good luck and be strong
    tanostyna

Answer by tanostyna at 1:24 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I don't mean to burst any bubbles, But I have seen tough love work out for the best and I have seen it Blow up! It all really depends on the issues. I Think if you really want help on this topic, you really need to share more info. You might Go to an extreme that is not needed or vice versa. Good Luck
    mommaklein70

Answer by mommaklein70 at 9:44 PM on Jan. 6, 2010