karma???

last night someone wrote something i thought was very interesting about karma...they said it was from past lives.and about the buddist religion.someone also wrote it was about things that were done in the past lives from the other person who got the karma.i found this very interesting could someone tell me about this???

cleo1977

Asked by cleo1977 at 2:35 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Karma is the return of positive or negative energy. Whichever is sent out by you. It is believed that Karma follows you through many reincarnations. So if you were a kind person in another life, you'd have mostly positive karma in this life. Same for negative, if you were a mean evil person in another life, negative energy comes to you in the next life.

SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 4:41 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• karma does come from the Buddhist religion and yes, it's about your past (either in this life or before) coming back onto you. If you omitted negative energy it's going to come back onto you.

It's similar if not almost identical to the a lot of Pagan's Three Fold law. Where whatever you do will come back to you times 3
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:57 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I thought three fold law was wicca.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 8:33 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Well, you are both right. The Three-fold law is in the Wiccan Rede, but alot of Pagan's believe it, or something similar, as well.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:37 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Karma's technical meaning isn't the same as the meaning we use today. Karma can be from past lives--I was very ill in many of my own past lives and I now seek healing in this one. My eldest grandson smacked his new baby brother the first time he saw him because they had been soldiers and enemies in a previous life. They were put together here to make peace. So it isn't necessarily negative. As we use it today it is similar to the pagan Law of Three--what you put out comes back to you three times over. This goes for positive actions--like donating to charity. And negative ones--like stealing or killing. But karma's meaning ISN'T the concept of payback. It is a concept of learning and growing from one lifetime to another.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 2:57 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• thank you ashley.. which is why I said a lot and not all, lol.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:27 PM on Jan. 7, 2010