How to adjust

My husband is starting a job that is night shift. We have a 18 month old and a very good relationship, but the money is awsome. he will be making double what he makes now. I too work, but I work days. How can I adjust to him being at work at night and not being with me. I know that is selfish, but just don't want to ruin our relationship. Is there anyone out there that has this situation in their life and if so how do you adjust? his hours are going to be 6pm to 6 am M-F

wantherout08

Asked by wantherout08 at 2:42 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• Make the most of the time you do have together- weekends or late afternoons. You can do it. It may not be easy, but it will work.

Answer by Bmat at 2:45 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Can you afford to stay at home and not work? If you can then it will give you more time at home when he's there.
    Anonymous

• Make sure you guys make time to be together when you are both off - both with your little one and the odd time without so you can still get to be a couple. I work shifts, days and nights. My DH and I just make the most of the time we do get. You'll adjust, it'll just take some time to get used to. Good luck!
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 4:21 PM on Jan. 5, 2010