applying for a medical card...?

I have applied for a medical card through the hospital where I delivered my daughter. I applied for my daughter and myself.

A women from the medicare office called me and told me she needed some things from me and sent me a packet of papers and a list of things I needed to send.

She wants a copy of my driver's license, social, birth certificate and my daughter birth cert. and social but she posted a note that said "all birth certificates must be original viewed" what does that mean?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Call them and ask. That's what I'd do.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 2:52 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• call her and ask. I think it means a copy of the original not a copy of a copy.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:52 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• That's the problem. I've called and left 5 messages in the span of a week and she never returns my call! - OP
    Anonymous

• Just send her a copy of the birth certificate you have . If it's wrong, she'll tell you and you can try again.
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 3:24 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Never send the original, send a notarized copy.
    Anonymous