Is it EVER going to end?

My dd is 2 years old. She reciently started cursing terrrible! I won't lie I curse, but I try not to do it around her. Df's family curses like it is the only language they know! How do I make her stop???

I have tried asking them not to do it around her her but it always "slips"...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sorry to say, but you may have to keep the child away from those influences if you want them to stop. Tell the family if they can't keep from slipping, for the education of your child, then they can't be around her. Its hard to learn things if you are not around it. Kids soak things up like a sponge. Good influences=good behavior.
    Anonymous

• I have heard that not giving the behavior attention will curb it. I haven't personally gone through this with my DS though.
    irishmama1007

Answer by irishmama1007 at 3:02 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I agree, my SIL and my own sister curse like there's not other language either, we personallly don't swear in front of our son so in turn, he hasn't YET but their kids don't either..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:17 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• It's hard when she's around it. But talk to her with simple words letting her know some words are adult words that children shouldn't say. Let her know which ones they are. Then set up some sort of chart. Every time she says a bad word, she gets an X. But if she does well and goes all after noon or set time frame without saying a bad word, she gets a sticker and after a certain amount of stickers she gets -- I dunno alone time with mommy? Or a special treat? Be creative. You'll find, she'll call you out on it too and maybe you'll stop too! :)
    Anonymous