very gassy 8 day old baby?

How do I get rid of all the gas. I burp him for hours. I rock him. I've given him baby gas medicine. It doesnt help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You might try cutting dairy out of your diet... sometimes that causes excess gas.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 3:01 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I agree with PP.!!! my son had colic from day 3.. for 6 months!! if you are breast feeding, eat the blandest diet possible, try gripe water, they have test strips at the pharmacy for your milk, I can't remember what it measures cause I found then when my son was 1 but..its worth a shot! if you are formula feeding....which is what I did, I have not much advice cause nothing helped his gas!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:04 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• try changing formula? if bfed then try cutting out gassy things like milk and such
    Anonymous

• Give him gripe water. Helped my son!
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 3:13 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• It may be the way that you are holding the baby when burping him. Try different ways of burping him. Also try moving his legs in a bicycle motion and pushing his knees to his chest. That will help break up gas bubbles. If you are BF'ing make sure that you watch what you eat because greens and dairy can effect how gassy your baby is. If you are formula feeding maybe try Dr. Brown bottles and or a gentle ease formula instead. They are wonderful and they helped a friend of mine when she was having problems with her gassy baby.
    swtlilmiracles

Answer by swtlilmiracles at 3:15 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• If you are BFing, you will need to cut out gassy foods from your diet. The foods that bothered my babies the most were onions and broccoli.

If you are bottle feeding, get the Dr. Brown's bottles. Also never shake your formula, instead stir it to mix it.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 3:39 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Gripe water was great. :)
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 4:16 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I have a 7 week old and I'm breastfeeding I don't have a lot of dairy but do eat enough greens and my little one passes gas and burps almost after every feeding. If it doesn't bother him then whats the problem?
    JaymieZ

Answer by JaymieZ at 11:31 PM on Jan. 5, 2010