How old were you?

I was just watching a Dr. Phil that I DVR'd. I can NOT understand the thinking this day and age by young people that engaging in any sort of sexual activity before you are an adult (or married!). To think that oral sex is just as harmless as a kiss... What are these kids thinking?? And some parents think it is ok!! "At least it isn't sex" OH MY GOSH!!!

My question is this... How old were you when you became sexually active? Do you think it is ok for our 13, 14, 15, 16 year olds to be?

As you can probably guess, I do NOT support children / teenagers engaging in any type of sexual activity. Hugging/kissing is one thing... ANYTHING beyond that is just wrong. I don't care what the 'society' says, it is wrong. Children / teenagers are not prepared emotionally to deal with the complexity of a sexual relationship. They are not capable of predicting the consequences of their actions ie: pregnancy, std's, rape...

RutterMama

Asked by RutterMama at 3:02 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'll go first. I was 18. I was engaged (way too young). My husband now and I went to a boarding school in south eastern Kentucky. We were not allowed to even hug, much less kiss or anything else. We were both Christian, but some how we allowed our hormones and emotions take control. Good news, we got married a little less than 2 years later. We have been together for 10 years this month. And let me tell you, the sexual aspect of our early relationship complicated it. Until very recently, sexual expression was very difficult for both of us in the correct/healthy way.

But praise GOD He was the only one I was ever with and I was for him. We take grate pride in that!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 3:05 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I was 14. I went on BC at 16. I'm now 31, and regret being active so early. My mom was 17 when she got pregnant with me, and I'm happy that I didn't follow in her footsteps in that respect.
    acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 3:05 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I was 18
    Anonymous

• I didn't have sex until I was 17. But I don't think that children 13-16 should be having sex like they do these days. It is insane how people in this society that think it is ok for their children to be doing those things. Call me old fashioned but seriously 13 and 14 year olds??!?!
    Anonymous

• OH no Anon - I don't consider you old fashioned! I can not imagine being active at that age. I was too young at 18! To hear about and see 13 & 14 year old MOTHERS????? This is crazy to me! The thought woundn't have even crossed my mind!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 3:10 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• You are right. We are human and we should control ourselves. Some teen girls get pregnant and so much responsibility in their life and most of the time boy friend are not sporting them. I did wait until I got married and my kids will learn to wait or be old enough to make right dictions.
    Anonymous

• I was 21 years old. I waited until I was married, which was one of the hardest things that I have ever done. I am thankful now that I did wait, but it wasn't easy. I think that teens should wait till they are older, out of high school at least. Waiting till marriage is the best choice in my opinion, but I know that many do not think the way that I do.

It saddens me that so many teens think that being a virgin is such a horrible thing, that it is ridiculous to wait. There is a blessing in waiting.
    Dickens

Answer by Dickens at 3:16 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I was 15. I don't regret it. I don't have much to say on the subject.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 3:19 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I was almost 19- It really bugs me that anyone can consider oral as not being sex
    I think anything involving the mouth is WAY more intimate ...maybe it's just me
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:20 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• i was 17. i regret it and wish i would have waited.
    acjadams

Answer by acjadams at 3:21 PM on Jan. 5, 2010