My neighbors dogs...

They bark every time I put my baby to sleep. I haven't met my neighbors yet so I feel shy to tell them, their dogs are annoying us. What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would politely walk over and introduce yourself to them and ask them nicely to put their dogs up at night and to be considerate of their neighbors.
    Anonymous

• I had this problem several months ago...We had a neighbor w/ a pit bull and it would bark all day and all night! It barked for 3 hours non-stop one day and it woke me up many nights anywhere from 1am to 4am and almost always during my DD's naptime. I was like you, and didn't want to seem like the jerk neighbor by saying something, so I called the city to see if I could get someone to leave a noise ordinance notice. Thankfully the man that answered disclosed that those types of complaints are public record and anyone can see who complained, so I just decided to drop it and suffer in silence. My prayers were answered and the neighbors moved a few months back. I live in Dallas, so your city may have a different policy regarding public record. Give the city a call and see what they can do.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 3:11 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• As a person who has dogs. I would want to know if my dogs are bothering somebody. As long as my neighbor was respectful and didn't come over yelling and screaming I would not have a problem. I can also say as a dog owner that if my dogs are barking I can usually hear it and do something about it. One time I did not hear my dog though, my neighbor called, she was concerned because she thought he was hurt (he has a habit of going under the fence). Sure enough his collar had gotten hung and he was stuck in the fence. My neighbors bring my one dog that gets out all the time home. They are very understanding and know that they can count on us to take care of any issue they have. My neighbors boxer got out the other day and jumped into my car, ran into my house, got my dogs kong and laid down in my living room floor. I ended up just walking him home.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 3:23 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I know I went off of the issue, but what I was getting at, is that our block is really thoughtful when it comes to our pets.we are all understanding and do not want our pets to interfere with anybody else's happy living kwim?
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 3:26 PM on Jan. 5, 2010