Multiple Baby Showers

My friend has two boys already and is about to have her THIRD. She is having a baby shower and she invited me. I don't want to go and I think it's GREEDY - considering she already has two boys. Don't you think she'd already have everything she needs? Etiquette says that you should only have another baby shower after the first baby if the next baby is a different sex.

What is YOUR stance on multiple baby showers? For same sexed children?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Honestly, I think it is kind of tacky and I totally understand your feelings. Can't you just say you have something else to do that day? That's what I would do. There is a point where it just starts to seem like people are trolling for gifts.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:42 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• go,give her diapers!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 3:36 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I had a small shower this spring with my family. They just gave me diapars and wipes and some lotions and stuff since I was having another boy. My two boys are 5.5 years apart.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 3:38 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• It depends. Are her other 2 boys much older than this baby and maybe she got rid of all the baby stuff? You always need diapers and wipes! I didn't have one this time because my girls are all 3 years apart. But if someone threw me one unexpectedly, I wouldn't oppose ;)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:40 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• You do have to think that someone is probably doing it for her.
    Why not go and have fun. Last time I checked you dont NEED to bring a gift.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:44 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I think it is fine, my son is only 9 months old and if I was get pregnant tomorrow I wouldn't have anything for him. I haven given everything he has outgrown to my niece, who plans to give it to my cousin. So if I get pregnant again I will be having another baby shower.
    Even if she is the type to keep everything she will still need diapers and wipes and lotion. If you don't want to go then don't. But if I were her friend I would be there
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 3:47 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• If she's throwing it for her self, it's pretty tacky, unless there is a good age gap between second boy and the baby. If someone else wanted the throw the party, I see nothing wrong with it. Bring something that you know she cant have enough of...diapers, wipes, washclothes, baby soap...things like that. Nothing too expensive of course.
    Anonymous

• My mom says everybaby is special and gets a baby shower. Now we had two boys 2 years apart and yes we have he crib but My oldest was so much larger at birth!
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 4:02 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• OP HERE: Yeah, she's throwing it herself. And her other children are YOUNG. Like, one is 4 and the other is 2 or something like that. They are small and not very far apart in age. MY children are farther apart in age than her kids.

Anonymous

• If she's throwing it herself I'd make other plans for the days. To me that is trolling for gifts. Then when the baby is born take a box of diapers to the hospital.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 4:41 PM on Jan. 5, 2010