When does Obama "own it?"

There is clearly a mess...before Obama and with Obama. When does he have to own it though? The day he took office, 6 mos in, 2 yrs in....when does he own it? Or, will it always be someone elses mess?

yourspecialkid

Asked by yourspecialkid at 4:01 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• He's been in office a year - it's already his mess and getting bigger every minute.

Answer by missanc at 4:03 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• It will always be someone elses mess to some. They can't comprhend the impact of many of the things he has doen to this economy.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:04 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I thought all of the candidates were a big ol' hot mess, so I didn't vote. When Obama was elected, I told myself, okay, I'm going to be optimistic and pray that he does something great. Well....... I'm still waiting. Big disappointment if he continues down the road he's on.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 4:06 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• It's his and the Admins mess that he inherited from the last group (which he was part of). The next individual will inherit whatever Obama leaves behind. Are you guys sitting homes on pins and needles waiting for someone from this Admin to whisper the words, "WE are now responsible ?" Clearly, This Admin is in the driver's seat, but it does nothing to vindicate the last group of blundering fools-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 4:12 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• The President owns the mess the moment he takes the oath of office. And then forever after...exiting office doesn't absolve any of them because History will have its way with them afterwards.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:20 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Owns what mess? The economy? the wars? the terror threats?

It WAS Bush's mess and now it is Obama's...Don't really get the question.....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 4:22 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• BO doesn't seem to know it is now his mess all he says is Bush Bush.
    Anonymous

• Well, the way I look at it....ALL POTUS's "own it" the day they take the oath, and are held responsible for everything that happens--good, bad or indifferent. Why Obama continues to get a free pass by his supporters is beyond me.

Look at it this way. If any of you have accepted a job, where you were replacing someone who was not exactly "up to par," did you blame your predecessor for the first year or so after starting the job, and expect that you wouldn't have to put your money where your mouth is, like you PROMISED you would in your interviews?! Or did you get right to work, learning the job, making friends with co-workers, and put your own "positive spin" on things, for the benefit of the company?!

If you just sat around and complained that your hands we tied and "inherited" a bunch of junk, and it's why you couldn't get anything accomplished, you would have been fired soon after!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:23 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Clearly, This Admin is in the driver's seat, but it does nothing to vindicate the last group of blundering fools-

***
    YET!!

I have a feeling in a few years we'll look back, and GW Bush won't be looking too shabby!!! LOL Funny thing about hindsight...it always looks better than the present! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:26 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• The question is when does Obama have to "own it?" The ladies on here are constantly saying we must give him TIME, it has only been x amount of time, it was all Bush's fault. How much TIME does he need before he has to own it?

He doesn't just have the mess of the previous administration as you are implying sweet. He made an even bigger one with his "historic" spending. Yet, Obama himself continues to blame Bush.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 4:26 PM on Jan. 5, 2010