doctrine of the trinity--to a child

I would like to meditate on the trinity tonight. I would like to think about it, piece it over and comprehend it. I would love for you to share with me a link that is simple enough to read and think over.

The last few days there has been a lot of talk about the trinity. I always just took it at value. Father, Son and Holy Ghost. Simple. As I have read very much over the last few days I am noticing many people cannot understand this. I wonder if I have missed something.

Three entities in one, God works in many ways and vessels but it is God. I want to find out the mystery of it get down deeper to the hard part of the trinity.

please, will you give me a simple(yet through) doctrine of the trinity. I feel I am missing the meat of the trinity and want to fully understand every aspect of it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:08 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• If it's something that you've always taken for granted, then you must understand it. It's just as simple as you stated yourself in your post. I have always understood the trinity without having been "taught" it, so I know that it can be difficult to explain to someone who can't "get it".

From studying the scriptures, I have come to a point where I am understanding things about how God operates, things that I would have never imagined before. I believe, along with many others, that God grants this understanding. You can articulate it, you can use other examples to parallell it (water, ice, steam), but the bottom line is that it's God who grants belief. People who refuse to try to understand it, are willed so by God.
    spiritofstupor

Answer by spiritofstupor at 6:00 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Its trinity week at CM! lol Search away. No one can blame you.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 4:30 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• lol it is because of so many post on CM in the last few days I began to wonder thanks
    thanks by any chance did you have a link?

I have a few links and the picture posted. the picture seems to simple and the links are a bit more complicated simply because of the wording.
    Anonymous

• Idk if someone already posted this but it has TONS of information :) God bless you and yours!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity

rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 5:28 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 6:09 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• "If it's something that you've always taken for granted, then you must understand it. It's just as simple as you stated yourself in your post. I have always understood the trinity without having been "taught" it, so I know that it can be difficult to explain to someone who can't "get it"."

This almost describes exactly how I feel. thanks for your response.
    Anonymous

• You sound determined to believe the trinity as inarguable Truth. So this may not help but here's a look at the other possibility http://www.watchtower.org/e/ti/article_03.htm It may not be what you want to hear. Why don't you pray about it, that God shows you the Truth about exactly he and Jesus are? Great to see you care so much.

PrivateWitness

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:38 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• From your link: IF THE Trinity were true, it should be clearly and consistently presented in the Bible. Why? Because, as the apostles affirmed, the Bible is God's revelation of himself to mankind. And since we need to know God to worship him acceptably, the Bible should be clear in telling us just who he is.

shoulda, woulda, coulda - oh well. I guess the JW faith should be clear in the bible too then so why the need for all the watchtower mags?

Anonymous

• what's wrong with watchtower magazines. have you ever read one. They're great.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 1:20 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• OP here, yea I am not going to read watchtower again. It is made up and a warped view on the bible. I asked for a link to meditate on the trinity not meditate on why it is not true but thanks.

As for what is wrong with watchtower, do you really want to know? Because I could on for hours on the cult like tactics I have seen from a few members. Or you should you respect my ideas of understanding the trinity and I will respect yours?
    Anonymous