anyone else fearing (or hoping for) TWINS!?!?

i'm 15-16 weeks pregnant and i did decide to get an ultrasound around 18-19 weeks.

i am really scared she will say "twins!"

i have no reason to be worried. i'm not showing much. my nausea was much worse with this pregnancy but i know that's normal. i do think my paternal grandmother had a twin but not sure. the only other thing is that i got a clear positive on an HPT at 12 dpo but i know that's pretty normal nowadays too.

i just see other people post that they were totally surprised to find out it was twins, and my friend with twins had no hints until her ultrasound.

i haven't been like dwelling on it or anything but it's a major fear that is lurking back there in my head.

(no offense to anyone, i know twins are great, but my husband and i both work and we don't make enough money for 2 more kids at once i'm afraid...)

anyway does anyone else have this fear?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• When I got pregnant the first time, my grandma looked at me when I was 6 weeks pregnant and said "You are gonna have twin girls!" I thought she was the most insane person ever! lol. I had an ultrasound at 8 weeks to get my dates, and guess what...TWINS! And then at 16 weeks...TWIN GIRLS! No one in my family has twins, so it was completely spontaneous. I know that isn't really helping you in anyway, just wanted to share my story! lol. Good luck and I hope you have a healthy pregnancy!
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 4:19 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• lol yea that's not helpful!! ;) especially since my husband's granny said it is twins a few weeks ago!!!!!!!!!!!! =) that is a really cool story though. it's amazing how some women just have that intuition. the good thing is that my stepmom seems to have some sort of intuition like that because she has guessed the gender right on all 5 of her kids and her 2 grandkids and she says i am having another boy, didn't say anything about twins. lol. but i don't know if she would because at least with guessing boy she has a 50/50 shot and if she said twins, that's only like a less than 1% chance that she would be right. she HATES being wrong. ;) lol

-OP
    Anonymous

• i secretly pray for twins...i know its crazy right. But my hubby wants this big family and I personally don't wanna spend my 20s preggers, lol...twins run wild in my family. My maternal grandfather is a twin and my maternal aunt had a set of twins and I have 2 other sets of twins cousins. So my odds are pretty high. I kinda want to get it over with. if that happened I will have 3. i have to negotiate 4 and 5. Hopefully after the twins he will change his mind., lol
    Anonymous

• anon, i used to feel that way too! get the pregnancy and birth over in one. :) but now i think pregnancy and birth are awesome so i wish i could do it over and over but i want to stop at 2 kids. lol. oh and also i find taking care of a newborn extremely difficult so TWO? that would be so much harder! gl!

-OP
    Anonymous

• i was kinda hoping for twins. they run in my family, and there are none yet for this generation. had an ultrasound at 8 weeks and there is only one baby. bu i keeep having the same dream where i go in this week for aother ultrasound, and there are twins!
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 6:26 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I am kind of worried about having twins. My husbands dad is a twin, and he has a set of twin sisters. I am only 7 wks and already showing. I had an u/s at 6 wks and they only saw one, but i am still a little concerned.
    JANAPICK

Answer by JANAPICK at 6:50 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• sometimes is worry sometimes i hope! my grandmothers generation was twins, it skipped my moms generation then my sister and cousin were both twins but were lost very young one during pregnancy and another at birth. my entire family has cursed me with twins ever sence childhood mom always told me that i might as well carry around two dollys lol, i am 13 weeks pregnant and will have my first ultrasound at 20 weeks so iam curiouse and nervouse to find out but doc ony found one heartbeat at 8 weeks but im sure that doesent mean anything! I suppose time will tell! good luck and blessings to all.
    tanostyna

Answer by tanostyna at 9:37 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I was a multiple fearer! I was getting so big so fast with one of mine they wanted to do an early ultrasound if I kept growing like I was - I slowed down and was measuring normal within a month so they held off on the u/s.
    Anonymous

• Twins are a PITA.. life is a witch with them. You never realize how easy ONE child is till you have to do everything TWICE all day/night. EVERYDAY.

Twins sound fun and cute. They are a hell of a lot of work.
    Anonymous