Does your movie theater charge you if you bring your baby?

The other question made me think of this. I have never taken our kids, but when I called to hear movie times the other day it went through all the prices and said infant through adult. So if we did take our baby to the theater it would cost us another $9.75. I am guessing that perhaps they do this to discourage people from brining their infants.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• Our local theaters don't charge until age three.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 4:26 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• We have a few theaters that advertise special kid friendly screenings. They call them cry baby matinees. Its only a dollar at one place and babies are free, but full price for adults and babies free at the other one. Call or look online to see if any theaters in your area offer cry baby matinees.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 4:33 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Our theater doesn't charge until 3 either. If you'll need a seat for the infant carrier then I guess I can understand that, but if you'll be holding the baby on your lap I don't see how they san charge you. I mean it's not like the infant will be watching the movie. Thats strange for them to say.
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 4:33 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Oh, they also keep the lights dim, not pitch black, so parents can keep an eye on the kids/baby and they turn the sound down.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 4:34 PM on Jan. 5, 2010