When's the right time for your boyfriend to move in with you and your kids?

I've been seeing this deliciously, gorgeous, sexy, hot, caring man for 7 months now, and he wants to move in with me and my 5 kids. I think he loves me as much as I love him but I'm wondering does he want to move in because it's convenient. We met on Myspace last june at the time of me going through the process of divorcing my husband. It started off as a type of schoolgirl crush on the hot popular guy, but since then that crush has transformed into something more real and deep. He's professed his love for me and even speaks about marriage. But I just don't get why he would be interested in me when he's got young, sexy, childless women lining up at the gate. Despite the fact that i'm just leaving a marriage (though me and my ex haven't been together for almost 2 years now), and I wanted to be single for a good while b4 I committed again, us moving in together really appeals to me. I'm afraid of being used and heartbroken.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• When you get married.
    Anonymous

• You sound like you have reservations. If you need time to be single then do it. If he really loves you he will still be there when you are ready.
    You have to worry about your kids. If you are not 100% sure that he is the one and this is the right thing to do then don't do it. You have five kids they need your focus.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 4:36 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• It's probably not a great idea to have a guy you met on the internet moving in with you and your kids, especially considering you've known him for only 7 months. You should give it some time. It doesn't seem like you've really known him long enough to have him living with your kids, you know? You seem unsure and that is for a reason. You don't have to rush into anything.
    Anonymous

• The right time for him to move in with you and your five children is after he has proposed marriage, given you a ring, and you have been through the marriage commitment ceremony.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:57 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• When you get married.

Answer by missanc at 5:21 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• When he puts a ring on your finger! 7 months isn't long enough to know some man to move him into a home with your children..
    Anonymous

• One more thing because the stupidity is killing me! Ever watch "Where the heart is?" If not watch it and pay attention. Pay attention to the part where her friend lets a "man in" and he is so wonderful, etc. and then he rapes her daughters/etc. Not pretty... She says "he must have prayed on me because of my children"..
    Anonymous

• I'm gonna agree with the Annon 39 and 38 (pretty sure its the same person). 7 months ISNT a long time. I met my BF on craigslist (lol) and we hit our one year anniversary just yesterday and there's NO WAY I'd move in with him yet-- even tho my son ADORES the crap outta that man!

I say give it about a year or two before considering it. and dont just go with the whole moving in together thing. start out with him staying over one night a week, and progress from that.
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 7:43 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• imo ...timing is everything and NOW is not the time for that. go with what seem like your 1st mind and wait.
    Babiluv80

Answer by Babiluv80 at 8:20 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• WHOA !!!!!!!
    HAVE BEEN THERE AND DONE THAT HONEY!!!!!!!!!!!
    DO NOT DO IT, OMG !!!!! NO !!!!!!!!!
    I GOT MARRIED we fought for a year,... He used me and my family.... OMG !!!!!
    do not do it honey ......
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 11:55 PM on Jan. 5, 2010