how do i make tummy time more enjoyable?

my son will be four months old the 25th of this month. and total since he was born he probably hasnt spent 2 hours on his belly. he HATES it. im afraid he wont crawl until really late. and since he spends all his time in my arms or on his back that hes going to get a flat spot in the back of his head. what can i do?

Kay5333

Asked by Kay5333 at 4:31 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i got the same problem
    momatonly16

Answer by momatonly16 at 4:33 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Have you tried one of those mats that the baby lays on that has a mirror/toys? My daughter loved that when she was at that stage. She loved looking at herself in the little mirror and reaching for the toys that were attached.
    mama2br00ke

Answer by mama2br00ke at 5:06 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• my daughter was like that too around that age. she would scream and bury her face in the blanket, play gym (whatever shes laying on) now at 6mths she will stay on her tummy for a little while. i suggest getting down on the floor with her. i sometimes use a flash light and move the light around on the floor. she will try to grab it..
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 5:12 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• ive gotten on my belly, he's not that interested in his toys yet. and his play gym that i spent 100 bucks on he screams when i lay him on it, he does have a flat spot on his head and it really worries me.
    Kay5333

Answer by Kay5333 at 5:51 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• My daughter hated tummy time. So I just let her fuss, She finally came around to it.
    sopheeahsmommy

Answer by sopheeahsmommy at 6:59 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Pathways Awareness offers great resources and advice on Tummy Time, including how to incorporate a Tummy Time hold into your daily routine. Visit the website at http://bit.ly/4IHizB to learn how to make sure your LO is a Tummy Time pro! The website also offers great resources for new parents, like a developmental calendar that will automatically adjust to your baby’s age to provide up to date suggestions for activities to do with your son as well as helpful information to make sure he is developing on time. Find this handy tool here: http://bit.ly/6M3lC6.
    PathwaysMom

Answer by PathwaysMom at 1:53 PM on Jan. 20, 2010