this sounds dumb but how do you "ttc"

is it just harder for some and you have to try...or after the first child is it harder...or is it more prepping your body to get pregnant? I just hear so many people saying ttc...and i wonder what they had to do in order to conceive..just curious because i know for a lot of people it just happens

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• For us, it meant a serious detox and switch to a gluten free lifestyle. And saving money ;)
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:02 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I think most often when somebody says they are "trying to conceive" they usually mean they are working on having a baby. Not that they are doing anything special necessarily but just that they want to be pregnant and are having unprotected sex.
    Anonymous

• agreed with PP and for some people it also involves charting their days or using ovulation predictors.
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 6:52 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• take your prenatals....eat healthy, exercise cut some caffine...thats what imdoing.
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 7:26 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• TTC means actively having sex for the purpose of conceiving - getting off birth control if on it, stopping the use of other forms like condoms, stopping things that aren't so healthy during pregnancy, starting prenatals, etc. A lot of women, especially ones that have to stop their birth control first, take longer to conceive. But for the most part it means a couple has mutually decided they're ready for a or another baby.
    Anonymous

• saving money is a good idea...i thought about starting a baby savings fund
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:26 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• for me when I say I am TTC --which I am. It means that me and my husband have both decided we are ready to have another child and I came off of birth control and we are having unprotected sex. I also am charting when I am ovulating and making sure we do have sex of those days to make our coception chances higher. I have taken on a better diet and prenatal vitamins to help prep my body for the future pregnancy also.
    Super09Mom

Answer by Super09Mom at 8:34 PM on Jan. 6, 2010