I cut myself shaving...

down there, I think it started as razor burn though and was really itchy and I couldn't help but scratch and my nails left cuts, and there's a bad on where the 2 sides meet in the middle at the top. I tried not scratching and putting lotion to help it heal but nothing has worked and this has gone on for like 2 months now. Help! I dont have insurance to see a doctor and Im embarrassed anyway, what can I do to get this to go away..thanks! no bashing please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Health

• just try to keep it dry with baby powder. but if you have open sores but neosporin on them, it will help with the itch and keep infection out
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 4:46 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• infection...

you sure its not something else? i've cut myself a couple of times- but nothing like that has ever happened. kwim? wash out well with soap and warm water, and try an antibiotic ointment, some iodine, or teatree- the last of those will hurt like hell, but will also kill other microbes that the antibiotic ointment will not.
    you should keep a styptic stick on hand for nicks when you shave. its made of sodium silver and it will instantly stop bleeding and kill any random bacteria that could cause a problem- again, it is painful to use, but works AMAZINGLY WELL.

also... if you absolutely must, you can go to the county er. they can not refuse to see you based on your ability to pay. good luck with that.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:50 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I'm the OP~

I think the reason it got this bad is because it was soooo itchy that I couldn't resist scratching which made it worse. It starts to heal [minus the deep cut where the two sides meet at the top is] then it gets itchy and I scratch [I know that's my fault] and it gets bad again. I've tried neosporin and it helps, but it's like the one big cut doesn't go away even with that. it's like if I wipe when I pee, somehow it gets itchy again...how do I get this to stop itching and everything all together? I'd rather not go to a doctor. the skin gets very dry and flakey too...like it's peeling off...? I dunno, Im embarrassed and I feel dumb..

Anonymous

• I'd use alcohol and then if you have Vita E capsules, open one of those and apply that.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:12 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• get some neosporin + pain relief. The pain relief part will help with itch too. Also you can use over the counter cortisone creams for the itch. Use the neosporin in ointment form and maybe cover it with something so it stays damp. Sounds like it starts to heal then dries out some and that makes the itch worse. If you can keep the skin from drying out and keep the itch at bay (cortisone cream) then maybe it will heal. That and for crying out loud QUIT SCRATCHING!
    Anonymous