If you have somewhere to go and it's calling for temps way below zero w/lots of snow, do you go out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I live in NY so thats everyday now......Yea I still go if its close by. If you are talking about long distance then I wouldnt take my kid. Im always afraid of getting stuck in snow and having to wait.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 4:53 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• If I have to go out for something I need then yes, but I try to stay in when it's that cold. Brrr!!! Luckily, the market is a one minute drive from my house.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 4:54 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• If you are talking long distance no. But if it is everyday things in town. We have to or else we would never get anything done.
    Anonymous

• yes. If I didn't then I would pretty much not leave my house all winter...
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 4:55 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Depends on what I need to do. I still take the kids to school (we walk as long as it's above -25F) but only run errands if absolutely necessary. Like right now we are out of cereal and bread (which makes breakfast...interesting). We just got paid and if it wasn't for my husband being off tomorrow I would have braved the frigid temps (it was about 10F this morning) to walk to the store to pick something up for tomorrow. I walk the 2 1/2 blocks to the grocery store all the time. I've even carried milk home when it's below freezing. I was surprised I didn't get frost bite on my fingers (I don't own gloves).
    But otherwise I avoid going out in bad weather even in the car. There is just no point to it. It just depends. We don't get a lot of snow so it's mostly the temps. I've been wanting a pop and candy bar for weeks but it's just too freaking cold to justify walking the 3 blocks to the store, lol.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:07 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I do but I also have some extra things that I keep in the trunk of my car just in case. there are extra blankets in there, kitty litter, and I always take snack stuff. Sometimes you just have to go out and if something should happen then we can stay warm with the blankets and if the car should happen to get stuck in the snow or on ice that's when the kitty litter comes in handy.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 5:08 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Welcome to winter in NW Ohio! I don't let weather stop me.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 5:56 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• If I need to, sure!
    Unfortunately, all the crazies will be out trying to stock up for the 'storm of the century.' People here in VA have no clue what a real storm is....lol....I'm a native of ME so I relish the idea and welcome any and all snow that comes this way. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:18 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• We had 2-8 feet of snow with the Christmas blizzard, and our temps this last week have been crazy - one day our high was -17 (actual temp, windchill was around -50). That bitterly cold day I drove almost 20 miles to get groceries. Weather really doesn't stop me from doing what needs to be done, if it did I wouldn't leave the house for 9 months of the year!
    Anonymous

• It depends on what the errand is....If its pull ups then I must go...lol but if its for something that can wait till later then I'll wait...
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 11:33 PM on Jan. 5, 2010