Would you let your high schooler go to an ABC Party?

I just got off the phone with one of my dear friends, her sister from the bay area was down over the holidays with her teenage daughter and the term "ABC Party" came up. She, my friend, had never heard of this and called me knowing that my daughter is now in high school to ask me about it.

I too had never heard of it. We were both appalled at what we discovered.

An "ABC" stands for "Anything But Clothes".

Would you or have you allowed your high school child to attend such a party. Have you ever heard of such a thing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:02 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I am 26 and NEVER heard of anything like that.. when i have kids.. HELL NO they will not be allowed to go to a party like this.. BUT chances are if they want to go they just wont tell you where they are going and go.. thats insane that kids actually do these kind of things!
    I have heard horror stories about kids wearing certain color bracelets meaning different sexual things and thats gross also! but this is a new one to me!
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 5:05 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• OP here....

I forgot to mention that the kids are not necisarily naked. My friend's niece went wrapped in tin foil. (lol - dont know how long that lasted)
    Anonymous

• NEVER heard of it. Wow, I am so glad my kids are grown up. But, my kids usually went around with kids on the Honor Society who also played sports and they spent time at OUR house, watching movies and eating popcorn. Now how is THAT for being square and wholesome? LOL. That was in the 1980's.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 7:41 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• No

Answer by admckenzie at 7:49 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Are you kidding me? I have 3 teens and I would never allow them to go to anything like this. Don't we have some responsibility here?
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 8:01 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• no most certainly not and I've never heard of that.....but thank you for the information...if I ever hear that I'll most definitely say hell NO
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 10:33 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Another Hell No!

Answer by rkoloms at 8:39 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• NO WAY!!!! sounds like the "rubber" party my college friends attended when they were studying aboad in England. Their outfits had to be made out of anything rubber or plastic...
    ArmyWifeMomof3

Answer by ArmyWifeMomof3 at 7:37 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• No way, I know where my children are at all times...Any parties I take them to and meet the adult in charge...
    pepperannrocks

Answer by pepperannrocks at 5:36 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• No, Ive never heard of that and Im 36 and hell no I would never let my daughter go!
    Texan1993

Answer by Texan1993 at 3:54 PM on Jan. 20, 2010