Has the pull out method worked for you?

I know a few couples who it has worked for. Has it worked for you or the complete opposite? Have you ever gotten pregnant while using the pull out method? Would you say it is reliable?

Tickledtrauma

Asked by Tickledtrauma at 5:03 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Health

• If you really don't want to be pregnant, don't use it. However, there was a study that was looking at whether or not the HIV virus was in pre-ejaculate in gay men. I don't recall what the conclusion to that particular question was but they did notice that the sperm that was in the pre-ejaculate was few and far between and they weren't "healthy". So, effectively, you can't get pregnant with pre-ejaculate. However, it is imperative to make sure that he's "cleaned out" if he has ejaculated lately. So, make sure he goes pee before you have sex or just ask him if he has masturbated lately. And of course, your man needs to have the self control to make sure to pull out before he does ejaculate. I would also avoid sex during certain times of the month, just be safe.
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 11:37 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• It worked getting me prego! lol No that has got to be the worst method ever.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 5:04 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• seem to always worked with me. i am prego now but i think that is because i let him cum in me a few times. but ive doneit for a long time and its worked
    cnv13085

Answer by cnv13085 at 5:05 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Yeah it worked real great! Meet my daughter Lana! lol
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 5:05 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• After 4 kids it is now our only method of BC. I'd say it's working it's been a little over a year and we're still ok. Hopefully now that I've said that it won't jinx us :0...lol
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 5:06 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• It worked to get us our beautiful daughter - she will be 15 in March.
    Anonymous

• My husband and I have always used the pull out method. We've been together and having sex for almost 4 years. As soon as I started letting him cum inside me, we got pregnant.
    nico409ant

Answer by nico409ant at 6:25 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• lol it worked in getting me my two boys.....it depends on the man and woman....it varies....i wouldnt trust it if you're definite on not getting preggo....
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 10:23 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• The PO method worked for us. There were several months after I had stopped taking my BC but before we wanted to conceive. We got pregnant when we wanted to. I discussed this with my doctor (thinking I would have to justify why I really don't want any BC after I have #2) only to find out that she and her hubby used it for 7 years with no ill effects.
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 11:39 PM on Jan. 5, 2010