Can having an ovarian cyst prevent me from getting pregnant?

I've already gone to the dr and he's done an ultra sound. All he said was that I had a cyst and that I can take tylenol for the pain if it hurts. This was about 3wks ago and for a while there it really hurt because of the pelvic exam. But now it just aches every now and then. Should I be worried if my doctor isn't?

mire621

Asked by mire621 at 5:04 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• No. Sometimes women get cyst and before they give birth they are gone. I wouldn't worry.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 5:06 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I have had problems with cysts since i was 16.. i was on birth control very young to try and control them.. i always worried about getting pregnant also.. but im not 6 weeks preggo!! :) dont worry.. you can still have kids!
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 5:07 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• yes!!!!!!!!get it taken care of. my friend had them and they ruptured and scared her overies. she now has only a 40 % chance of getting prego again with a 10% decrease every year. do not let it go if u want more children
    cnv13085

Answer by cnv13085 at 5:07 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Most cysts disolve on their own.. if they dont then sometimes you have to have them taken care of.. BUT most go away on their own.. you should be fine.
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 5:20 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I have had problems with cysts since I was a teenager, I am now 45, still have them, but also have 4 children. Usually they go away on their own....and come back....
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 5:23 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• i've had them since my miscarry...mine hurt then it goes away. my doc gave me 800mg ib profen. if you take it when you get the pain it should help them go down,
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 6:03 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• No, I've had them since a teen and I have 3 kids. Most of the time, they will go away on their own. :)
    HeatherReneeB

Answer by HeatherReneeB at 10:49 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• One time a cyst caused a torsion in my ovary and I almost lost my ovary. I had to have emergency surgery. You'll know if that happens. You'll think you are dying.

I've also had them rupture and it hurts. The fluid leaks all over your insides and burns.

I started a gluten free diet and they have gone away. I also got pregnant within 2 months of gluten free eating.

You can eat my food! daniellecooks.wordpress.com
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:00 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• You can ask your doctor to give you progesterone for a short time. That often makes them go away.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 12:05 AM on Jan. 6, 2010