My 2 year old refuses to use the potty....what do I do?

I just dont get it. My 2 year old daughter will tell me right after she;s gone potty in her diaper but refuses to learn to use the potty. She sits on the potty but its more of a game for her, she wont actually use it. I tried putting underware on her but she just peed through then came and told me. I read potty books to her, she even has ones that stay in the bathroom. I play potty training movies for her. She just refuses to learn. Its aggrivating. Mix that with her sleeping issues and im lost. She fight sleep day and night, last night she hardly sleeped a wink. Im starting to wonder if the issues are connected. Any advice is a blessing

PrincessLadyBug

Asked by PrincessLadyBug at 5:06 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Stop pushing, when she is ready she will do it. PUt the diaper on her and let her be. When she tells you say good job. Then go on about your day. Don't fret it will happen soon enough.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 5:10 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I wouldn't push her at all. I did that to my first son, being new at potty training myself. He didn't get potty trained until he was 3 months short of being 4. They will do it when they're ready. My 2 year old has been offered but never pressured to use the potty and he does a lot better and will go a whole day staying dry and other days he'll have accidents. He's just not fully ready yet. And don't show that you're getting upset about it because it can teach them that the potty is a negitive thing and slow the process down. Just give her time and patients. She may not have learned how to release her bladder on command yet. My son tells me when he's poopy but hasn't once went poop on the potty. Also, don't expect her to be able to hold it through the night once she is trained through the day, that can take a couple more years. Don't get upset and give her your patients, the time will come :-) Good luck & Happy potty training!
    TruckersWife426

Answer by TruckersWife426 at 6:00 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• just wait till your toddler is ready.....2 is still a little young for some toddlers to go potty......I would allow the potty to sit in the bathroom and ask every now and then if they wanted to use it......it will come to them when they are ready....
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 8:56 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Thanks Ladies. I appriciate it. So I'll let time takes it own course and let her decide when she's ready. I was always getting asked if she was potty trained and being my 1st I figured that was a cue to start. No one ever just says "she'll do it when shes ready". That takes some worry off my shoulders knowing that its normal.:)
    PrincessLadyBug

Answer by PrincessLadyBug at 9:08 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Wait six months and try again

Answer by rkoloms at 8:38 AM on Jan. 6, 2010