Pulled back muscle?

I think I may have a pulled muscle in my back. I was throwing wood into our basement(we have a wood stove) and since ive done that its been hurting pretty bad. Ive never had a pulled muscle before so i was wondering if thats what it sounds like to you ladies. Also any ideas on how to ease the pain?

happy2bamommy86

Asked by happy2bamommy86 at 5:11 PM on Jan. 5, 2010 in Health

• heat, ice, heat, ice, repeat.
    Anonymous

• If you have a pulled muscle, which it sounds like you have, you'll want to ice it for the first two days. Get an ice pack and put it in the area for about 20 min. Repeat throughout the day. You don't want to add heat to it right away because you want the swelling of the muscle to go down, which is why you ice it. Ibuprofen is really helpful as well as taking Aleve. Once you're done with your two days a heating pad or heating ointment will help :)
    mire621

Answer by mire621 at 5:34 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• It could be a rib or something out of place too. You may want to go to a chiropractor, especially if it seems to get worse.
    Anonymous